Monday 9 September 2013

Confidence! - Confidence?

Since I brought all that relationship and moving business behind me I have been thinking a lot about what it means 'to be confident'.

It is easy to appear confident in things one does a lot and hence is trained in. I know 18 year olds who have travelled the world while I still get nervous about all the if-s and when-s which might or might not happen. I however got better since I travelled to Indonesia.

I guess it then means that confidence shows in how we are coping in situations in which we are not trained in. Whether or not we are able to tackle them head on or chicken out. I am still not confident on the motorbike, but I confidently decide to get on it.

There is one more interesting aspect I recently learned about confidence. On my own, my confidence is rather thin; it usually gets inspired by others. As soon as I am with someone who I love and trust I can grow beyond myself. Maybe confidence is always a bit about fighting a battle, getting an obstacle out of the way - if I have to do that for myself, the easier way out is to just not do it. As soon as I do it for someone I cherish I become like a lioness fighting for her cubs.

That however implies the importance of people who allow me to fight for them and would mean that accepting help from someone gives this person the opportunity to grow. Looks like a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment